Guilds (Guild Help)
The Guilds are formal player organizations meant for roleplaying.
Each Guild has a different and unique theme and purpose in Arda which must
be approved by Valinor. In order to learn more about a particular guild,
you should talk to one of its members, or visit the clan room in Bree or
Unlike clans, each Guild is granted a guild hall which they may then
freely customize. Apart from being a 'safe spot' that many find their
home on the MUD, the guild halls provide a number of very useful services
such as armouries or shops. It is certainly worth it to become a member
of a guild!
There are also several help files that have been made to help you
better understand the Guilds:
- guild rules - What rules should guild members and guild masters follow.
- guildinfo - How to set your guild membership visible in your legend.
- guild - How to use the guild communication line.
- guild protecting - How guilds can designate themselves as 'protectors'
of an area in the MUD.
- guild reinforcing - How to improve your guild weapon.
- overthrow - How to change a GM you don't like.
- flee - A quick way to escape your guild hall.
- guild missions - What Guild Missions are all about.
- mission rewards - What you get for completing Guild Missions.
For guild masters:
If you are a guild master, you should also check your GM book for
even more information on how to run your guild and upgrade your guild
hall. If you do not have the book yet, just enter your guild master's
room - it should then automatically appear in your inventory.