Sattim daira (Roleplaying/Games Help)
Sattim Daira is a one-player game located in the bar of Azrakadar.
The object of the game is to guess a pattern consisting of a series of
4 colored stones. Each guess results in feedback narrowing down the
possibilities of the pattern. To win, the player has to determine the
pattern in 10 tries or less.
- When the game is started, a pattern of 4 colors is generated and
concealed, using *any* combination of the available 10 colors.
Two or more stones of the same color may be used!
- The player begins playing by filling in the first row with any
combination of the available colors that they wish.
The challenger (NPC) responds by placing 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 key stones
next to the first row as follows:
- A large green key stone to indicate a pattern stone of the correct
color and in the correct position (without indication of which
stone it corresponds to).
- A small yellow key stone to indicate a pattern stone of the correct
color but in the wrong position.
- No stone indicates that one of the colors is not in the pattern.
There is nothing about the placement of the key stones to indicate
which particular pattern stones are meant. It is part of the challenge
of the game to determine which pattern stones correspond to which key
stones. The basic principles are that one key stone corresponds to
one pattern stone, and the large green key stones take precedence over
the small yellow ones.
- After studying the challenger's response, the player continues by
placing pattern stones in the second row on the board. As before, the
board will respond with the appropriate key stones. The game continues
in this manner until the secret pattern is guessed exactly, or until
all ten pattern rows have been used.
- If the player can guess the pattern in ten tries or less, they have
won. The challenger will respond with four large key stones and
reveal his pattern. If the player gets to the tenth row and does not
determine the secret, they lose.
For more details and the exact syntax of commands used to play, visit
the bar in Azrakadar.