Smiths (Services Help)
There are two types of smith services in Arda: weaponsmiths and
armoursmiths. Both of them have similar role: they fix your equipment.
Weaponsmiths sharpen and mend weapons, while armoursmiths mend armour.
There are a few of each in game, although they are not present in every
town. You will have to search a bit to find them, or ask other players
for guidance. It many cases, being a smith is a "side job" of an NPC who
provides another service: you may find that a warrior trainer also mends
weapons, and an armour shopkeeper mends armour of his customers.
At a weaponsmith's workshop, you can:
- 'sharpen <weapon>' - Brings a damaged weapon back to perfect condition.
Sharpening works only on bladed weapons, such as
swords or axes. A weapon may only be sharpened
- 'fortify <weapon>' - Same as sharpen, but for blunt weapons, such as
hammers or staves.
- 'mend <weapon>' - Makes a broken (and thus unusable) weapon back
into usefulness. A weapon may only be mended
once; if it breaks again, you may as well discard
- 'estimate <weapon>' - Tells you how much sharpening / fortifying /
mending a weapon will cost, without actually
performing the action.
At an armoursmith's workshop, you can:
- 'mend <armour>' - Brings a damaged piece of armour back to perfect
condition. A piece of armour may only be mended
- 'estimate <armour>' - Tells you how much mending a piece of armour will
cost, without actually mending it.